You must have read about Greenwich Mean Time in your high school books and might have always wondered how great it would be to pass your time there. Every year, hundreds of thousands of tourists from all over the world descend on the Royal Observatory in Greenwich to pose for a photograph astride the Prime Meridian, the famous line which divides the eastern and western hemispheres of the earth.
Greenwich, London’s gateway to the sea, is located 10 miles away from the heart of London, River Thames and 5.5 miles away from Charing Cross. Owing to the historical sites and architectural masterpieces built in the city it was given the status of World Heritage Site by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 1997.
Famously known as the city of sailors, the city hosts many buildings of architectural interest which attract tourists from all around the world. These buildings are iconic wonders that have been preserved through time.
Some of the most famous sites include
- Old Royal Naval College: The winsomeness of its architecture speaks for itself, and its symmetrical built is indeed mesmerizing.
- Greenwich Park: The Park spreads across 74 hectares and was originally built for hunting purposes, later on it also hosted the Royal Observatory. The park is also famous for being one of the few Royal Parks.
- Greenwich Market: This market is distinct from an ordinary market. It was built in 14th century and was renovated in the 18th century and now also keeps antiques on its turf.
- The Cutty Sark which was once the fastest ship in world is now a part of the Greenwich Museum.
- Queen’s House: The Queen’s House was built keeping in mind the Classical framework. It is currently considered as scheduled ancient monument and was used for hosting all the VIPs in during the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Apart from these buildings the Queen’s House, Trinity Hospital and the new cutting edge infrastructures
nearby such as The O2 arena, Thames Flood Barrier and the Canary Wharf are a source of fascination for all the tourists that come to visit Greenwich.
Why Choose Airport24?
Greenwich is city of many beautiful destinations. It has a blend of historical sites and modern era building that can captivate your attention as soon as you witness them.
The Airport24 Cab provides you with all the services that are necessary to have a safe journey to and around Greenwich. You can avail the services online and get to your destination in the best condition possible.
We work at all the Airports of London, which includes:
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
- London Luton Airport (LTN)
- London Stansted Airport (STN)
- London Gatwick Airport (LGW)
- London City Airport (LCY)
- London Southend Airport (SEN)
If you don’t take our word for it check out our reviews on trip advisor, Try our services once, you will always remain a loyal customer. The prices are extremely reasonable compared to the rest of competitive brands, the variety of vehicles available cover most family sizes
Airport24 should be your first choice, if you want to avail efficient plus smooth travel.