The Westminster cathedral holds a center position among the Christian communities of England and Wales. The Roman Catholics of Wales and England regard it as the Mother Church. Constructed under the supervision of Cardinal Vaughn and the famous English ecclesiastical architect John Bentley, it today stands firmly as a masterpiece of contemporary architecture.
The cathedral opened during 1903 and has since then attracted thousands of devotees and tourists from all the around the world.
The following defining features of the Cathedral give it a distinct position in the world of architecture.
- Its architecture is based on the neo-byzantine style which is highly influenced by the buildings present in Italy.
- Unlike the rest of the buildings from the 19th and 20th century, the Westminster Cathedral is solely built from Stones and Bricks which has impressed professionals since the time it’s foundation was laid as it is proved that it wasn’t necessary for an enthralling building to be built by the use of concrete and steel.
- The floor of the church stretches across an area of 54,000 square feet which provides an enormous space for the interior.
- The effect of the spaciousness and the scheme of internal edifice can be fluently endured once you are within the walls of the Cathedral. It encapsulates inside itself a feeling of holiness and spirituality which even a non-devotee can feel once he liberates his soul and this feeling increase exponentially once the serenades from the choir fills all the nook and corners of the main hall.
- The Westminster Cathedral Choir School is an integral part of the church and was a brainchild of Cardinal Vaugh, it was his vision to cultivate a prodigious group of musicians whose words would cast a mystic spells on the listener and his dream did turn into reality since the choir is famous all around the world today
Why Choose Airport24?
It is a tourism obligation to witness and observe the religious background of the place which you are visiting. Religion is deeply enrooted inside the British culture and history. It has seen crusades happen and civil wars too, because of religion. It has seen the best and worst time on the canvass of religion. The Westminster Cathedral is must stop on your journey.
Here at Airport24, we, with our splendid services will never allow you to be afraid about the fate of your adventure. We specialize in customer care especially the foreign tourists and are always available for your airport transportation to and from all the all Airports that serve London.The product spans across numerous features, these include
- Economical Fare
- Efficient booking and confirmation
- Luxurious Vehicles
- Accommodation for more than 7 passengers
- Facilities for toddlers
- Chargers to charge battery of almost all the devices Hospitable environment
- Pick and Drop service from all the major airports of London No extra chargers upon the delay of the flight
- It is because of these wonderful services that Airport24 has now turned into a household name in the transfer service in a period of just 10 years and has gained amazing praise and reviews from both the Tour organising companies as well as the customers. Our services are based on the wellbeing of our passengers and after all what is the point of travelling if you aren’t comfortable during your journey.